Friday, April 8, 2016

Whole: Five Minute Friday


Want to join in? Sign up here: Five Minute Friday


Five Minute Friday: Whole


Twenty million things just jumped into my head as I read the prompt for today. 



Why? Because, that is me as a whole. 
The hats I wear: 
Wife
Mother
Mother-in-law
Teacher
Business woman
Creative thinker
Chauffer
Planner
Housekeeper
Maid
Friend
Lover
Daughter
Sister
Aunt
Niece
Student
Volunteer
Cook
Writer
and more… it fluctuates… life is fluid.



And I am not good at all of those things, but they are who I AM. 



With all that sometimes I can still feel so incomplete. NOT whole. 
And that comes with guilt; after all, I am/have so much. Why should that not make me feel whole? 



Yesterday I was filled with His Word and for a moment, until my brain started spinning again, truly FILLED me, made me WHOLE. 



2 Samuel 22:2-4
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, 
my stronghold and my refuge,
my savior; you save me from violence. 
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, 
and I am saved from my enemies. 



My enemies. I don’t have a lot of enemies as far as people are concerned. However, when it comes to my heart, my time, my management, I have a lot of enemies. 



Distraction
Tangents
Lack of focus. 
Poor time management skills. 
Lack of skills in general, in some cases. 



The first three can be fixed with the Word of God, with focus on Him and His plan for my life. The other two would probably fall into place. I am sure the list is not “whole”, but I suspect if I spent a month coming up with a list it would go much the same. Put God in the center of it and the rest will fall into place. It isn’t so much that I am lacking anything in particular. I have family, friends, faith, etc. But sometimes I forget that I NEED GLUE to hold it all together. God, His Word, that is my glue, without Him, everything else, no matter how precious and valuable, falls apart. 



After that moment in scripture yesterday and then things got busy, jumbled, crazy. And that was when I could not even think enough to remember to just spend a few more minutes with God and in His Word. And my challenges were flat, and my sleep was fitful. 



This morning I got up, found the verse, pondered it, prayed on it and asked God to give me grace today. Grace on myself, to take the time I need to do all the things that must be done AFTER I got out the “glue” so that today I could keep it all together. There it was instant peace, determination, grace, and WHOLENESS.  



What makes you “whole”?  

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. Gosh, I need to remember to go to Scripture when I get overwhelmed. Sometimes I do, but usually it's just this thought that says, "Yeah, I'll do that when I get a minute." But when I get a minute, there are those little red dots on my devices. You know, the ones with the little white number in the middles? :D

    As for what makes me whole, at the moment, I only have Jesus. Nothing and no one else. Love my kids, but they can't, even if it was their job. :)

    (Stopping by from FMF.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of waxing and waning in the presence of the Lord was very insightful. Yes, I also believe we can be whole in Him and so want to become more able to hold him. Thank-you for your kind response on my blog. It is nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete