Monday, April 4, 2016

The Best Of Finding My Happy Place...





We get bogged down in our day to day. All of us do at one time or another. At some point, we forget to update our introductions and profiles. I did a while ag, and made it pretty generic so that it didn't get out of date as easily. So today I'm going to reintroduce myself, and share some of my favorite past blog posts with you.

I am married to my high-school sweetie. We have 6 children and homeschool 4 them. My oldest is a West Point graduate and is serving in the Army. My next in line is training to be a firefighter and volunteers with the local fire department. I'm a stubborn child of God and frequently tell of the smacks he gives me upside the head to get my attention. I am Catholic. I am part of an amazing direct sales company, Le-vel. This company has changed me. I am healthier, more positive, and so much better. I LIKE who I am now.  It's hard to articulate the WHOLE of who we are, isn't it?

My goal when I started to blog was to get myself into a better place, and also then share that for others. I am in a better place. Yes, the things I have found in the blog have helped, finding a way to get my body the nutrients it needs, has helped, growing in my faith has helped. And a huge lot of help from my family has helped. I hope to find a sampling of past blog posts that will illustrate my journey.

** back note the good thing about look at where you've come from is that you get lots of ideas of where to go from here.

1. 25 TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE
Imagine the luck of starting a "best of" list with a fantastic list like this. Obviously, one does not have to do all of these each and every day, but at one point I found it fun to try.

2. LETTING THE CREATIVITY FLOW...
Finding ways to let my creativie bones dance and focus on something that isn't stressful, makes me a happy person. I love to bead, I've got loads of beadwork to prove it. I had to stop for a bit because I have to get rid of some of the things I have. I still find ways to use my creativity. Find your "niche", that's the point, and do something about it.

3. THE FAMILY
This list of finding my happy place would not be complete without my family... OH MY! These are my WHY!

4.DOWN DAYS HOW DO YOU PICK THEM UP?
On my journey I had a lot of down days. God is always the answer for me. Other things may work as noted, but if nothing else works I can always pick up the Word of God and get a boost (or a smack when appropriate) and am instantly renewed.

5. A SHORT STORY FOR MY LITTLES
In the search for "happy", don't forget to just have fun. No matter your talent (or lack thereof), just have fun.

6. BOSSY!
One of the goals was to help others find a happy place too. Sometimes that means that you take one idea and put a twist on it. I loved doing this twist to the "ban bossy" people out there.

7. THIRSTING
Somedays you just have to acknowledge that you are thristy. Here's a post I love because I was able to play with some pictures. I am not a good photographer. I know this, I'm working on it. In this post I found a bit of a photographer, just a bit.

8. THE MUCK, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND OPPORTUNITY COSTS
I'm rounding out my list of "bests" with one from this week. And I chose this one because in the end "finding our happy place" is all about personal responsibilty and recognizing the opportunity costs in every choice we make. Once we figure that bit out our "happy place" is where ever we are.

I know it's a lot but out of over 200 blog posts that wasn't a bad little group. Some of my posts... just wow! and some not in a good way. Laugh through it, learn from it, keep going.

If you enjoyed this please subscribe to my blog. In the future I intend to use more humor and focus more on HELPING others. And I could use your comments. What did you like, did anything touch a nerve, hit a heart string, or just give you a big ol yawn?

No comments:

Post a Comment