Sunday, April 3, 2016

How do you RE-charge?

I do a lot of things to re-charge. Today I doodled and did some practicing with lettering...
I'm not entirely happy with it, but today was really more about finding out what I'm starting with.

The bleed through was a bit of a surprise. I should have put a blotter between the pages.
I also learned what a couplet is. See it? That was my example of a couplet. I'm sure it is not completely what they were expecting, but it works AND it brought music to my brain.


Some years ago, a wonderful woman made a purse for me. It was only then that I realized my monogram also spells out "mom". How appropriate.

So there were a lot of lessons learned today. 1st and foremost, regular ol graph paper is probably NOT the best choice to practice on. Not that I would ever pretend to have a steady hand, but the way the pens stick to the paper and the ink does not always stick, is down right frustrating.

Still, it was fun to try, fun to get a good start, fun to look up so many styles. And that is what is important when you are trying to re-charge, have fun. Plus, all those swirls can be downright calming.

What do you do to re-charge? Leave me a comment, I'd like to know. 

3 comments:

  1. Their is nothing like takinh a long hot shower. Or watching a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, long hot showers are good too. However, with littles in the house "long" is a relative term. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Their is nothing like takinh a long hot shower. Or watching a good movie.

    ReplyDelete