Monday, April 25, 2016

Happiness with a twitch of my nose




Day 30!!!! Last post for the 30-day blogging challenge.

I will do a review tomorrow, but I wanted to finish the challenge with the topic I found more focus with during the challenge. Finding happiness! I've said it before, I'm not a perfectly bubbly happy person I have to work on it every. single. day.  And because I have worked on it for a while now, my life is MUCH better for it.

Ready. Set. Go.

If I could twitch my nose and have anything I wanted to happen be so, what would I twitch for? What would make me instantly happy?

I would know how to communicate effectively, without any misunderstandings.

I would never see the "resting bitch face" in a picture of me, ever again.

I would have more money.

I would have more land around my house.

I would be thin and fit.

My husband and children would know how much I love them without a doubt, EVER.

Common sense would make a comeback.

Someone would do my housework and shopping for me.

If you could twitch your nose and have anything you wanted, what would you twitch for?
Write a list before moving on.

Go ahead write it out.

5 - 8 items...

You can do it...

You'll thank me.

I'll wait.

Done? Ok, read on.

We all know this is fantasy. There is no such thing as the Samantha twitch that we can learn or acquire. So what do we do? Just suffer through it?

No, we take a second look at our list. And make a plan.
Here's my list again... but with some ideas of how to fit my "twitches" into a plan.


I would know how to communicate effectively, without any misunderstandings.
This is something you can learn. I CAN LEARN this. It isn't as if communication comes naturally to every person, there are classes, self-help books, blogs etc. I can learn this. 
1. I will research avenues to learn this.
2. I will pick one of those and make a plan to spend some time each week to improve my communication.
3. I will invite some people to learn with me and hold me accountable.  

I would never see the "resting bitch face" in a picture of me, ever again.

1. This is also something I can learn. Practice smiling more often, eventually my "resting face" will be a happier face. 
2. The proof will be in the pudding. I will be held accountable by the pictures that show up.

I would have more money.
Ok, granted this one is really broad. So with this one I need to narrow it a little. 
I would like to make more money with my blog, my jewelry, and my Thrive team.  
1. Work through the blog challenge emails. Yes, it was 30 days. Yes, I learned a lot. Yes, I think I implemented some of the tasks and lessons given. NO, I did not take full advantage of all of the information. There is a lot of information there. I didn't fully understand all of the information - that is on me. I need to learn more. 
2. Be more present with the beadwork, get it out there, find a place to put it in a storefront.
3. The big one... I know what I need to do with this and steps have already been taken. Basically I have three things I need to focus on.
a. calls - make more, listen to more, hold more.
 b. build my team. 
c. focus on my goals.  

I would have more land around my house.
This can come later, when the money comes. I can pay attention to land prices etc. but really this is a long term goal that can be put on a vision board for future use. 


I would be thin and fit.
Seriously... this does not need a nose twitch, it needs a whole body twitch. 
1. Make goals for exercise and stick to them.
2. Make food goals and stick to them.
3. Get a group and be accountable to them.
While doing this challenge I also started a challenge for exercise. I found that having those ladies posting their progress and the exercises for the day really did keep me motivated to keep on track. And that laughed with me floundering my way through it... that was the best. More of that will definately help me keep up with the exercising and food changes I need to make.  

 My husband and children would know how much I love them without a doubt, EVER.
This will just take purposeful effort on my part. This one is all on me. My family sees and hears only what I show and tell them. It is up to me to make sure that I am giving them the right attention and plenty of it. 
Common sense would make a comeback.

I can use my voice to make a dent in this. AND I can make an effort to really think through things leaving emotion on the side table. I think this can snowball. 
Someone would do my housework and shopping for me.
1. I have kids to do my houswork. 
 2. Grocery stores will either get your stuff together so you can pick it up when it's ready OR they will deliver to your house. I just have to research and organize enough to make it happen. 

Now, go at your list... what can you do to change your wishes for twitches into a productive goal list so that your life is exactly what you want it to be?

In the last 30 days have I inspired you in any way? Made you think? Given you any usable tips? Leave me a comment. I really want to know what you think. Be kind, but be honest.

Thanks for joining in with me on this.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blogs everyday, and you did help me learn the links. I also saved all the e-mails their is just so much I did learn alot as well.

    ReplyDelete