Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April challenges... with an s.

April brought up some good challenges so I went a little crazy... here are my challenges:

**My blog. 30 posts 30 days. Here we are... day 11 none skipped.

**My handwriting, because pretty handwriting makes for a nicer bullet journal. A nicer journal means I'll keep going with it.

Because creativity and practice... 
Because practice... 

**My exercise challenge, because now that I am functioning and moving and no longer in so much pain, it's time to really work. Maybe you can relate...

Day 1
10 oblique burners - got this!
5 reverse curls - barely off  the floor.
5 double leg drops - 45° angle... OUCH!
treadmill
**WTH was I thinking?
Shut up! Hold on! Keep going!

Day2
(slept in, must have been scared to FEEL those ... muscles? There is a middle there, huh...)
Yesterday +1
oblique burners - still got this! Thank God for oblique burners!
reverse curls - barely off the floor ... is still OFF THE FLOOR!
double leg drops - 45° then a bend in the leg But that first one...
Holy crap on a cracker Batman!
there ARE muscles there AND they are SCREAMIN'!

Day 3
Ok on the obliques, yesterday I thought I must not be doing them right since they are so easy for me... today I know they are working. at least some... I'll keep this as my "I got this" exercise.. "right" or not they are doing something. 
reverse curls went something like this ... 
Oh, no way in hell... 
Just do it... 
OUCH, OUCH, OUCH...
Hey wait a second, do that again...
Silence...
Whoo whoo ( and not in my head this time)
BUTT IS OFF THE FLOOR...
Do a few more...
No, don't do that ... keep it to 7... do more tomorrow...
double leg drops
Legs start out bent this time...
OMG I am actually doing this, I can feel it...
4, 5, FELL the BURN...
No don't feel the burn... politics... ugg.... no
6...
It's ok you are feeling the bUrn not the bErn...
Oh, yeah, thanks
7...
Treadmill.
Ok, I don't remember clearly but somewhere around the 3.5 speed my shoe came untied. in my brain it felt like that really tricky treadmill stuff, but I'm guessing, in reality, it looked more like the guy in the T-Rex costume on ice skates. And at some point, I actually hit 4.0 on the speed. and was headed for 1 mile. less than usual but faster for more cardio (it's Maxine logic - correct me if it's just wrong)
Party rock anthem came on... ok just finish this song out strong because Party Rock Anthem.... 
I hear "all day long I'm shuffling" you know in the end of the song kind of tune...
Whew, over...
beat picks up .... WTF?????
Oh yeah, this is a workout playlist, oh you dirty bird...
Still going...
Boobs hurt (heavy chested ppl will get this)
"all day long I'm shuffling" again in that end of song tune...
if you know the song you know the one, right at the end...
the beat picks up
Oh, now you're just a son of a B....
(oops said that one out loud 12 yr old yells "mom, language")
.25 over a mile and this damn song is still going... I made it to the end. I thought I was going to die a couple times in there.
You can't make this stuff up...

Still, a few hours later I got a text from the post office and took another 1.6-mile walk to get a package that I have been waiting for:

Thrive by Le-Vel
with the new product, FORM
hydrolyzed collagen protein! 
Seriously, ^^ that is the only reason this day was even close to possible!

**Organizing and decluttering.

17 bags of stuff GONE!
Furniture moved.
Getting there.

On top of that, I'm working on these things:

**School with kids - making them finish the stuff they hate so we can be on track.

 **Eating healthier.

Chicken Fajita Salad!
Water with lemon and other good stuff!
And living a normal busy, homeschooling, going to school, keeping house kinda life. I wouldn't have it any other way. We are a week into April, 15 - 3 days into various challenges, and I am so loving life right now. It's a journey, it's a choice, it takes work, and mostly it takes faith!

I'm finding my happy place, these are just some of the ways I'm doing it... how about you? Leave me a comment.





No comments:

Post a Comment