Thursday, March 31, 2016

When you least expect it... God SMACK!

Wise words from a wise woman who will be missed for her sassy attitude. 



Yes, He does smack me upside the head, sometimes it's just a little love pat from a father who is thinking "shoulda made you blonde".  Sometimes, it's an all out smack right up side the head that knocks me right off my feet, like a loving father thinking "are you kidding me right now???"

God loves us and He does not want us to worry, He wants us to live FULLY and without worry or fear.  Want proof?

Philippians 4:6 

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Chronicles 22:13
Then you will prosper if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances that the Lord commanded Moses for Israel. Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid or dismayed.

Jeremiah 1:8
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.”


Those really are just a few. We've been given an instruction book for life, it's up to us to study it and act upon it.

I forget, all too often. Last night I worried, I didn't sleep well. All for naught. Yes, there were bumps caused by the thing that I was worried about, but nothing that was not fairly easily remedied. It won't have lasting effects and the discomfort will be short lived. Yet, I lost a nights sleep over it. Why? Because when my worry started I forgot to just say a prayer and let God be in charge.

Obviously, we can't just go about our life expecting God to do EVERYTHING... we have some responsibility. Have you ever heard the lifeboat joke? Doesn't really matter...

My point is... STOP WORRYING! It does no good!  Pray, be open to answers, and get some good sleep.

Your welcome, and good night.

PS... I am not blonde. I do have a blonde daughter. I'm not really of the belief that blondes are stupid. It's a common stereotype that is meant to be harmless and funny. Lighten up. I love blondes, but especially when they can show me up in the clumsy department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment