Monday, March 28, 2016

Do YOU have a mission statement?


I saw a mission statement for a mom. A normal, housewife, everyday mom. I thought it looked like a good idea so I tweaked it. One for me. Sort of. I think it needs a little more tweaking, but I was curious... how many moms have a mission statement?
Here's my rough draft:



J  Mission Statement  j

My mission is to be deliberate in using the life God has given me to be a blessing to others in everything I do.

To accomplish this mission, I am committed:
D To deliberately seek God and His plans for me in every aspect of my life. So that I may know, love, and serve Him with all of my heart, mind, and soul.

d To deliberately love my husband and my role of wife as described in Proverbs 31. To strive to be his helpmate, friend, lover and a great source of encouragement to him.

d To deliberately love, cherish and teach my children to know, love, and serve God with all their hearts, minds, and souls. And to do this through instruction AND example.

d To deliberately write words that show love, positivity and teach Gods word – directly or indirectly. To be joyful and give joy to others.

d To deliberately place my products into the hands of everyone who will benefit by it in their health or finances. To be deliberate in my positive encouragement of others.


j

So, despite mine being a little rough, what do you think about the basic idea? Do you have one? How was it formatted? What do you think? Also, this is a mission statement. NOT a statement of who I think I am already. I've got a lot of work to do.

If you'd like to try to write your own I got my start here: http://intentionalbygrace.com/
She has a lot of printables, ecourses, resources... its put together very well. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment