Friday, February 26, 2016

Morning with Five Minute Friday


I wake up earlier in the morning than I use to. It feels good. I don't dread getting out of bed in the morning and I am ready to go to bed at a reasonable bedtime. It's a different life then a few years ago.

Yesterday morning I got up and took a look at the photo a day prompt I've been wanting to get started with and it was peek-a-boo. I thought "what the heck am I going to do with that?" So I set off to do several different photos that would relate to peek-a-boo and hated each one. But then...

My kids have the best timing. First Jake decides he needs to distract me and taps on the window by my desk. SNAP.  Then I go to tell Maggie something and realize she's reading in the light of her window. She caught me, but I still snapped the pic through the crack of her door.

Morning. It's a new beginning each day, when we come from the darkness and light finds it's way over us. Yesterday it was also a good analogy for how my brain was working. I was fumbling around in the darkness of a set thought process and when I least expected it a new thought process washed away the darkness of the old like sunshine bringing in a new day.

So often we are blind to the new thought process, closed to it, but it's there and we can sense it, but to get the full effect we just have to open our eyes be open to it.

Good morning. Make a change. Be open to it. Feel the warmth of the new attitude and then open your eyes and embrace it for all it's worth. Give yourself permission to come out of the dark. 

1 comment:

  1. "Give yourself permission to come out of the dark." I love it! Great post and good suggestions! I'm your neighbor at #FiveMinuteFriday

    ReplyDelete