Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sat for Saturday: Getting Things In Order

It's January 16th, and in a new year, I do try and get things in order some. This year, it snuck up on me. I don't know how exactly, the calendar has been right here.

I lied, I do know how. Family visiting, getting back into school, business... life. A life I love. Busy.

First things first, I had some things on my "to do" list and I was not getting them done. Today was the day I decided to map out a plan and get with it.

But first, I had to get this done by Tuesday.  
Adoration bag for Miss E. contains' Children's Bible.,Picture Book of Saints, Her "very special" rosary, Mystery Cards, (printed from a website I have to find and share), and some prayer cards. We might add some coloring pages appropriate for adoration and some crayons as well. 

 It's an adoration bag. I've had a hard time fulfilling my adoration time because of the same lack of a plan I've had for a while now. I have tried to print planners, and buy planners (for cheap because I knew it was almost a lost cause) and the digital planners... all helped some, but none were perfect.

Anyway, back to the adoration bag. It's not for me. I have my own adoration items in order. This bag was for this little monkey.

Miss E. age 5 "and a half, geez mom!" 

She is stuck at "that age" in our family. The one where she isn't quite old enough to go with dad and the big kids on Tuesday nights, and not quite old enough to sit still in adoration with me for a whole hour without a plan. We will see how the bag works out, but she is excited. 

Nice distraction huh? But then I really needed to get down to the nitty gritty. My map, or plan. I ran into a neat pinterest board that was chock full of these things called bullet journals. They promised; simplicity, paper and pen, flexibility, and the perfect thing for brains that don't get along with just about everything else. ME! So I'm sharing my first few pages of my bullet journal. 

Key. It should be titled, my writing should be neater, but *I* know what it means so I guess we're good. 
I skipped the Index page... it's an organized mess too. 

Month view. Scheduled, repeated, important things to remember go on the days. And a task list added for good measure. 


This is my "big picture" for the year.
My "big picture" page should have come before the "month" page BUT that is the beauty of the bullet journal, I have an index page and can always find it. Really simple, really short, really stunted. Mine. 

Day 1
Ha ha, good luck making sense out of this. Again, it's mine. I understand it, no one else really needs to.  I love the little lightning bolt post-its I found. And since putting anything new in this brain usually takes a little "jolt" I decided to use those for the "learn something new everyday" piece. No, I'm not a grandma yet, but someone shared a "names of grandma" post on facebook and I decided to look and see what a couple of the grandma names of my family would be. English was grandma or gran - not "different" so I didn't learn that. I did, however, learn these. It was quick, it was not a huge piece of info... but it's there.

Some other bits. My business 3's are listed, The daily one will be written daily on each page but the weekly one is on a post it that can be moved as the week moves on.

Other lessons learned in the first few pages:
Don't use a sharpie. You can see the bleed through in a couple spots.
Stickers can cover some really ugly spots.
Pencil might be my friend... but it smudges, so I'm not sure I want to go that far.
I like it. And it seems to be flexible enough to hold my WHOLE life, not just school, or business, or kids... whatever. And time will be the true test but it really didn't take that long and I like it.

These things and so much more was accomplished today. I like the new year. Even if half the first month is gone.

Links for info: Bullet Journal
                      More Bullet Journal Ideas 
                     



No comments:

Post a Comment