Monday, November 2, 2015

Mom Guilt and the Faithfulness of God

1 Corinthians 1: 4-9                                                             November 2, 2015
I give thanks to God always for you because of the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,
that in every way you were enriched in Him with all speech and all knowledge-
even as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you-
so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ;
who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Wow! Today's verse from: Here.
I think that moms are just prone to feel guilt. I don't think we even deserve to feel all of the guilt we do feel. But, at least in my experience, mom = feeling guilty.

The kids are doing bad in a subject in school. Mom guilt.
And I think that is true if you send your kids to school or keep them home.
Oh and that decision = guilt.
Kids are unhappy = mom guilt. 

Kids are selfish = mom guilt.
Kids don't act appropriately in public = mom guilt.
Kids don't act appropriately at home = mom guilt.

You get my point, or maybe you don't... in which case I'd like your secret.

So why is it so easy to fall into the mom guilt pity party but not so easy to pat ourselves on the back when something goes right? I have patted myself on the back. It does not come as naturally as the guilt.

Today's verse tells us that we will be sustained by Jesus TILL THE END, and then we will stand in front of God guiltless. And I wondered to myself, what does that mean. Does that mean that we will have a conversation with God first and THEN we will be guiltless? Or does it mean that when we finally get to stand in front of God all our guilt (earned or not) will fall away. How will that work exactly?

Honestly, today I do not have an answer... it didn't "hit me upside the head" so to speak. And so then a line jumped at me. Funny since it is a line I used myself yesterday in connection with God, our Father.  GOD IS FAITHFUL... and so I will have some faith myself, and I will trust that the answer will come when I need it or I will find it in the end. Because, if nothing else makes sense... WHEN nothing else makes sense. I do KNOW THIS: God is faithful. God's love is perfect. God will speak to me, and if I'm not getting it just because I'm not listening enough... God WILL smack me upside the head with it. Because I am a stubborn, imperfect, and often defiant, child of God. BUT GOD IS FAITHFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment