Friday, February 21, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Small

Five Minute Friday: Small

Ever wonder how you can start out the day, week, school year feeling so mighty and powerful and ready and about half way through you feel yourself starting to fizzle and sputter and by the end, there is just almost nothing left. You just feel SMALL.

Then there is a voice. It can come from a friend, a child or a spouse... regardless of who says it you just know the words really came from God Himself to let you know that you have help,  you have people you can count on, you have a place to land, not matter how small, or how far you have fallen. It seems the SMALLEST words/phrases are the ones that can lift us up the most.

This week a small conversation reminded me of what was   IS really important. The end goal, the one that will eventually allow a little to take flight. And It gave me back some power, the might that I started out the school year with. And I am not alone in this, as a homeschooling mom, February is just a tough month. It is the time in our school year where a lot of moms feel small. But remember it's the end goal that we have to look at, that is the prize, when our kids can get out and really truly be a productive addition to society. THAT end goal, only happens if you remain vigilant.

That is not to say that you are not allowed to step back, to recharge, and to reorganize or even to just feel SMALL for a bit. It just means that you need to remember why you are doing this. Then get back at it. And if that doesn't do it for you click here to take a peek at what the new curriculum has in store for 4th grade sex ed. That ought to shock you back into reality, just not around your littles.

Now go fourth and conquer...


Five Minute Friday
It's that time again.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments.
Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I think it is wonderful that you are pouring all of your love and time into molding your kids. It has been a dream of mine to homeschool for awhile. I'm currently a SAHM, but when my kids are older I hope to set off on that adventure!

    I'm visiting from five minute friday! I'm glad I could find your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a homeschooling mom too- and yes, this time of year, is especially challenging. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am a homeschooling mom, now an ex. I am so glad I saw that through, but I would be less than honest if I didn't own up that I am also glad I am done. :p

    ReplyDelete