Thursday, January 16, 2014

Joy Dare: Three Witnessed Blessings

A Holy Experience
Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare
Do you dare? Click here. 
Jan 16 Joy Dare: Three Witnessed Blessings.

1 #60

Yesterday's sunrise. Definately a witnessed blessing. Just look at the colors.
    


2 # 61

That sunrise is beautiful, no doubt, but the reason I actually saw it would be the witnessed blessing.
My children are not morning children. They simply do not like to get out of bed in the morning. But on Tuesday I had promised bacon for breakfast and I'll be darned if every single kid was not up before it was finished cooking. One of the littles had kept herself busy by looking out to see if it was snowing. She saw this instead and made sure everyone else did too.

3 #62

A smile, KINDA, on Jake's face WHILE he is doing his school work. With this, my 3rd boy, 4th child, and 10 years old to boot, it is less common to see a good mood while doing school work. Maybe I should only count this one as a half blessing? Nope, God does not do things half way and the way the other 4 kids were behaving, it really was a blessing that this one, who is so like his mother, was happy.


4 #63 More conversations with Emma.

We gotta have a talk.
You know that thing called bedtime?
Yeah, at 8:00 pm. That one.
Well...
I was kinda thinking...
I don't like bedtime...
If I'm happy will you let me stay up?
No? I don't think that's fair.
If I give you a cute smile will
you let me stay up?
No? Well then no more smiles.
Just kidding. But, I still don't like bedtime.
Those were my witnessed blessings. I thank, profusely, the Babe in the Manger, for all I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment