Friday, January 10, 2014

Joy Dare: Sour, Sweet, Just Right...

A Holy Experience
Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare
Do you dare? Click here. 
Jan 10 Joy Dare: Sour, Sweet, Just Right.

Sour...
          Something I use to like, but the older I get the less I like it. The cup of milk that some little had randomly left where no one else would ever find it. Except I did. And nearly drank it in my absent minded meanderings today. A mood I get in all to frequently. It is not the kind of gift one would usually count based on all of the above, but today I am counting it as a blessing, because each bit of sour today made me pause and reset my attitude. This joy dare thing... yeah it's working.

Sweet...
          Candy left still from Christmas. Girls asking mamma to braid their hair. Teenagers poking fun, and having fun, even if they were just wasting time during school. A man child (17) so excited to get a duster he paid for with his own money, it was like Christmas all over again. Daddy watching a movie with the kids (after a little sour attitude... something about food on a DVD????? WHAT?)
   
Just Right...
          The moment of ahhhh when pain leaves the body. Coffee, with sugar AND creamer (creamer I have missed you). Gods word, and not even the one you have been studying, popping into your head at appropriate and perfect moments. A waterbed in the winter. School work completed. 

So many gifts, so many blessings and all thanks to The Babe in the Manger. Praises to God.


BTW in case you haven't followed that is 46 gifts in 10 days counted... 1000 is going to be a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment