Sunday, January 5, 2014

Joy Dare: Reading, Making, Seeing...

A Holy Experience
Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare
Do you dare? Click here. 
Jan 5 Joy Dare: Reading, Making, Seeing...

Tough one today since I'm not reading, not really. The beads have been put aside. And today's headache is blinding. BUT, I really want to keep this going for AT LEAST the first week... so I'll give it a shot. Come along with me... but have a little grace.

Reading:
I've started the Jesus Project, memorizing bible versus. As I showed you yesterday, the first one is John 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. Now I had a basic idea of what it meant, but I wanted to do some more research so I looked it up. Yes, "the word" is Jesus. 
In the beginning was (Jesus), and (Jesus) was with God, and (Jesus) was God.

What a powerful statement. It is a reminder that LONG before Jesus was the Babe in the Manger, He WAS!

He was there in the beginning, watched us, knew us, became one with us, died, resurrected, and is still.

Perfect!



Making:
My beads are not in use. I was beaded out before Christmas. But we have been MAKING memories.

I've been watching my children use their vacation days... sometimes in wise ways, sometimes not. But I've been watching, and enjoying it. I have made a few videos, but not before the kids have already done the cuteness. Oh well, that is what memory is for right? I've written them down so I can be reminded  later. Because our memories get buried.

I have been making resolutions.

I have been making changes.

Seeing:
This is what I have been seeing. Ready?
                                                                   Snow covered hope...
Snow...
More snow, with a little color added.
A dog seriously reconsidering her New Year resolutions already!
Kids being silly, and staying warm.

As always, thank you to the Babe in the Manger, for allowing  me to see beautiful things even on difficult days! Happiness is a choice, and it's yours to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment