Saturday, January 4, 2014

Joy Dare: A Gift Old, New, Blue

A Holy Experience
Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare
Do you dare? Click here. 
January 4 Joy Dare: A gift old, new, blue.

The word of God is old, yet current, and needed, and a lot of times forgotten.

I'm fixing that, at least in my house.

Along with a group of people I don't know, probably never will, but we encourage.

This is new to me. Setting forth to memorize 24 scripture versus. And not JUST to memorize, but to learn by heart, and to incorporate. It is a big task considering all I hope to accomplish this year. Two more days of vacation... then the busy days of "normal" begin again. I'm ready.

Blue, something that creeps in, at the very moment I feel I've got it beat. Because that is what our enemy wants, he wants us to be crabby and blue and mean and sick. However, I have the biggest, best tools at my disposal to beat the enemy, and to beat the blue. I will fail in moments of weakness. I will. But then I will use this newest (to me) tool and I will beat it back. I will win.

  

Thank you, Babe in the Manger...my focus! It's going to be a good year. It's going to be a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment