Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday: See

Five Minute Friday
It's that time again.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments.
Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Today's word: see.

Oh good one.
This week I have had the chance to SEE how the Word of God can change one's perspective. There are examples of this in earlier blog posts.

I can think back several years and remember how a wee boy was so unable to SEE that he could not read at all, and how his education changed so drastically once we got glasses and he could (maybe for the first time ever) really SEE. 60/40... is NOT good eyesight.

And then today of all days, the day this word shows up, I got another clear example of how Emma (the youngest) SEES the world.
You see (ha there is that word again) I was startled out of a conversation with one of the other kids by Miss  shrieking like no tomorrow. Turns out she wasn't really hurt...

five minutes is up btw... ok continue...

... she was just not really happy with her sister. Well, my nerves have had about all of that kind of shriek I can take so I call little Miss Emma over and sternly tell her that she can't be screaming like a banshee.

"What is a banshee?"  She asks.

I sit her down and we look up pictures of banshees, even hear a shriek or two. I figure maybe if she sees what I'm talking about, there is no way my little princess (this will make sense in a minute) would want to be a banshee.

WRONG! And this is where the difference in how she SEES the world comes in...
 

That is my little Miss, all dressed up in her favorite princess dress, showing you all her best banshee...
When I took this it was nearly two hours after I had tried to scare the banshee out of her and after two hours of her running around the house acting like princess banshee. I've created a monster... and gotten a headache...

But I love how she SEES the world.

And speaking of SEEing the world. The olders got shooting glasses for Christmas. And another little Miss  just would not be happy if she couldn't at least try them on. How does the world look from that side of the lens? 


In the end it's all about focus, what we SEE, and I am extremely thankful to have set my focus on the Babe in the Manger.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny - your princess banshee! And I love how you notified us of when five minutes was up! I often go over too! Thanks for this - it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spirit of your little girl embracing her inner banshee! LOL! Thank you for the smile this morning and for visiting me at Renaissance Women.

    God Bless and have a great weekend.

    ~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete