Friday, January 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Fight


Five Minute Friday
It's that time again.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments.
Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Today's word: Fight

Kids, when they get board they fight, when they are tired they fight, when they are overwhelmed they fight.
I am a self proclaimed STUBBORN CHILD OF GOD! Big time. And I fight.

When I'm board - yes a mom of 6 kidlets, wife to superman, and all can get board - I fight.
When I'm tired - almost always - I fight.
When I'm overwhelmed - really? you question that? - I fight.

However I am also determined so I am fighting the fight. I am fighting to be less stubborn.

See the title up there "Finding My Happy Place"? When I started this blog I was not a happy person. I mean I was happy with a lot of things but I was always fighting and I was always grumpy and I was always crabby. I was not the person I wanted to be.

I started this blog because I like to write - good or bad I like it. I wanted to explore who I was, who I wanted to be, and how to get there.

This comes up now because as I was writing the first blog of this year I spotted that title up there and it dawned on me "I have FOUND my happy place." Huh. Can I change the title? Well I could, but only by changing the header or starting a new blog. Why would I do that? It would make me harder to find and it would allow me to forget the FIGHT I went through to find my happy place.

So what is different? Not much - clearly - I'm still board - occasionally. I'm still tired - most of the time. I'm overwhelmed - a lot. BUT I have learned through some simple writing exercises to focus on the positive.
Thank you Ann Voscamp of the Joy Dare and Lisa Jo Baker of the Five Minute Friday. :) - which by the way rarely takes me only five minutes but I do try to stick to the no edit. I figure the good it is doing me is more important that the time limit. (forgiven?) 

I AM HAPPY. Yes, I still slip into grumpy and critical, but for the most part I am happy! I love my life. I am thankful for all things in my life - even the muck and the mess.

So, Thank you Jesus, the Babe in the Manger for all you have given me. I am fighting to be a slightly less much more happy stubborn child of God.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully, you'll continue to find the joy that finding your happy place has brought you. I'm choosing to fight the good fight too, as another stubborn Child of God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tempting to fight when we're not feeling great!! I'm trying not to fight today!! Blessings on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too found my "happy place" in blogging. So happy to have found FMF because that is how I found you and so many other bloggers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! A fight for happiness is a worthy thing. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete