Friday, September 13, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

It's that time again.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Five Minute Friday


Today's word: Mercy

"Lord have Mercy".  
It's a phrase I use often, it has become habit. I say it constantly. When I am frustrated, when I am tired, when I feel like there is nothing else left in me.

It has become such a habit that I have used it when there are no other words.

I've had people come back at me with "Christ have Mercy". I don't think they get why those words come out of my mouth, but I take it anyway... :)

It has become a reminder that I have someone to always fall back on, that I have better things to think about, that I am a better person then others think of me at times, better then I think of my self at times.

I have also said it in anger. When what I'd really like to do is strike out at the person with whom I am angry. It's kind of like counting to 10 to calm down.

Lord have Mercy. Three little words that when they come flying out of my mouth, even in my worst of states, has saved me, turned my thoughts to something greater. Often times even made me so sorry for even getting to that place. They have made me think to be grateful at that moment, when I might not have otherwise thought to be so.

Lord have Mercy. I say it, scream it, cry it... and I beg that He listens because as always I am still a stubborn child of God and I need all the Mercy I can get.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment