Friday, June 7, 2013

Joy Dare: 3 Gifts In What You Are Reading...

I found a beautiful page and blog that has inspired me. And even though I am a procrastinator and didn't find it until a while ago AND still have not done much with it besides look it over, today's joy dare was just too perfect to ignore. SO... I am going to take some time and be thankful for all God has given me.
First things first, here is a link to the page:
A Holy Experience
Her name is Ann Voskamp and she has done a tremendous job of setting up a way for you to easily count 1000 blessings in a year. Even as much as a procrastinator as I am there is no way for me to skip it...

Because I am not really reading anything in particular at the moment I am sharing 3 gifts that I have read recently through my devotions.


 This is truly powerful when you think of all that is happening in our country right now. Sometimes it seems that in order to get along we must compromise what we believe. This is not good, when we compromise what we believe to "get along" then we compromise ourselves as deep as our very soul.



I recently went through this with my children. I hope that at the end of their time as my students I have taught them enough so that they know how to put on the Armor of God, the rest will fall into place - this is the most important lesson I will ever teach them.



And the one that is sometimes the most difficult for me to remember. It is a balancing act with me to stand up for what I believe is right but to do it with love and patience and in a way that will build others up.

No comments:

Post a Comment