Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

It's that time again, if you'd like to join in on 5 minute Friday's just follow the link and jump on in. It's fun, easy and interesting to see what everyone else does.
Five Minute Friday

Today's word: Rhythm

Rhythm: Movement or variation characterized by the regular recurrence or alternation of different quantities or conditions.

I'm thinking of life and decisions we make along the way and how much time we waste in worry and frustration. Because I am a stubborn child of God who seems to have a hard time learning any other way. But I'm forcing it.

Our lives are a rhythm, somethings are just like everyone else: born, live, pay taxes, die. And the in between are different BUT still fall into the category of "ups" and "downs".  Now I feel bad that I am over the half way point (most likely) and am still struggling with this, but I'm so very thankful that I'm learning. I'm learning that it does no good to worry or be perpetually frustrated. I'm learning to go with the flow, or in a better term, the rhythm because life will always have ups and downs, but we can always find something to be grateful for. ALWAYS!

 I'm trying to learn to trust in Gods plan for me. And it's working. But like everything else in life - it's a concentrated effort. Even letting go, and following the rhythm of things takes effort. But it's a pleasant effort when you are on the right path, when you are not fighting against the stream of things.

I truly do love my life. All of it, but I love it even more now that I'm not so stressed and worried about every little thing, well most of the time anyway. I still have some work to do. I did say I was a stubborn child of God after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment