Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joy Dare: A Gift at 8am, 12pm, 8pm.


I found a beautiful page and blog that has inspired me. And even though I am a procrastinator and didn't find it until a while ago AND still have not done much with it besides look it over, today's joy dare was just too perfect to ignore. SO... I am going to take some time and be thankful for all God has given me.
First things first, here is a link to the page:
A Holy Experience
Her name is Ann Voskamp and she has done a tremendous job of setting up a way for you to easily count 1000 blessings in a year. Even as much as a procrastinator as I am there is no way for me to skip it...


 May 29 - A gift at 8am, 12pm, 8pm...

8:00 am I slept in, about 8 the husband was waking me up. Sleeping in does not happen much around here, that was a gift. 


12:00 pm - or shortly after. I went for my first walk in a while. I took my time, took some pictures after getting an idea for a story for the littles in the house. It might be kind of interesting, for them, I guess we shall see. Walking is so good for me, when I walk faster its good for my body, when I take my time (like today) it's good for my heart. I can listen to the chattering of the prairie dogs and the birds. The prairie dogs seemed to follow me around the path I chose, staying close enough to keep an eye on me but when I got too close they would hustle into their holes and then soon another would pop up and start chattering with it's tail jumping along. I saw a hawk teaching two youngins to fly. And there was some other bird that was talking along with the prairie dogs. I am not sure what it was and it really didn't have any "special" markings but it was funny to watch them. It was almost like they were bickering. There are not many flowers in the area, but lots of weeds. It was interesting to take note of the different grasses and plants that lined the path.







8:00 pm - not here yet, but it will be soon and we will have had some awesome chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy etc. I'm looking forward to it. Then bed time for the kiddies and beading. I've started a butterfly that is kind of interesting, I don't know if it will be a "keeper" - but the kids seem to like it. A while ago I got several styles of wire wrapped shapes. The out of shape hearts were perfect for the wings. I think it might be kind of neat as a hair piece, or a necklace or maybe a bracelet. We shall see. But I will spend my quiet time working on it and dreaming up ways to use the other shapes I got. 










No comments:

Post a Comment