Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Joy Dare: 3 Gifts Found in Today's Work


I found a beautiful page and blog that has inspired me. And even though I am a procrastinator and didn't find it until a while ago AND still have not done much with it besides look it over, today's joy dare was just too perfect to ignore. SO... I am going to take some time and be thankful for all God has given me.
First things first, here is a link to the page:
A Holy Experience
Her name is Ann Voskamp and she has done a tremendous job of setting up a way for you to easily count 1000 blessings in a year. Even as much as a procrastinator as I am there is no way for me to "skip" it...

May 28, this is a tough one.... BUT here I go.

1. The gift of a creative meal going well.
     When the pantry is running short of food there is always creativity to save the day so I took:

1 each yellow, red and orange pepper
1 sweet onion
1 or 2 Tablespoons of garlic (minced in olive oil)
Several carrots peeled, and chopped
3 Tablespoons or so of the left over smoked pork butt
4 Tablespoons olive oil a bit of butter for extra flavor
Saute together.

Make 4 cups brown rice (with 8 cups water and 5 chicken bullion cubes)

Mix veggies with rice and enjoy!

Sometimes it goes well, sometimes not so much. Today it was good, easy, used very little meat considering we had 7 people to feed. We have left overs too. The meat was only good to add because it is extremely flavorful, so it did not get lost in the mixture. If I didn't have the smoked pork I think I'd leave the meat out.

2. The gift of knowledge.
     As a homeschool mom I very often learn WITH the kids. Today was pretty much full of repeats for me but it is always good to refresh what we know. ESPECIALLY with math.... Good heavens it has been a long time since I used the distributive property.... One of the few math concepts I actually enjoy.

3. The gift of a clean kitchen.
     Yup, daughter did her work today so after dinner I did her a favor and finished up the dinner dishes and made ice cream sandwiches as a treat for later. So now daughter can come home from shooting, get a treat with everyone else and then go to bed, there will be no complaining, no fighting, no fuss.... which will also make for an enjoyable bedtime. All from a clean kitchen... Gotta love that.



1 comment: