|Yes, I am having fun with the word clouds.|
brave implies fearlessness in meeting danger or difficulty and has the broadest application of the words considered here; courageous suggests readiness to deal with things fearlessly by reason of a stout-hearted temperament or a resolute spirit; bold stresses a daring temperament, whether displayed courageously, presumptuously, or defiantly; audacious suggests an imprudent or reckless boldness; valiant emphasizes a heroic quality in the courage or fortitude shown; intrepid implies absolute fearlessness and esp. suggests dauntlessness in facing the new or unknown; plucky emphasizes gameness in fighting against something when one is at a decided disadvantage
I find it amusing that some call me brave. I guess it depends on the situation. I don't consider myself brave at all.... I find myself so many things that are not brave:
Afraid - of change, of endings, of beginnings, of others, of the way our country is changing.
Cautious - when trying new things, of new people, of new situations.
Fearful- of being alone, of not finding my path, of taking the wrong path, of making wrong decisions.
Frightened - of things I have found myself capable of. Reticent - of meeting others, of going places.
I am comfortable in my own little world. I do not like to venture out too much. I am afraid of making a fool of myself.
But I think about things, things that make me feel brave... the occasions.
Defending my faith.
Defending the unborn.
Speaking up for others. Standing up for my rights.
Standing up for what is right.
Speaking about things I know.
5 min up.... I think this may be by most scattered 5 minute Friday ever...
Battle against Evil.
10. Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
11. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
12. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
13. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.
14. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,
15. and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.
16. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one.
17. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18. With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones
19. and also for me, that speech may be given me to open my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel
20. or which I am an ambassador in chains, so that I may have the courage to speak as I must.