Friday, April 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Friend

It's that time again, if you'd like to join in on 5 minute Friday's just follow the link and jump on in. It's fun, easy and interesting to see what everyone else does.
Five Minute Friday

Today's word:  Friend

To my children - I am not your friend ...

you know the poem and it is so true. I want my children to know that there is a difference between mom and friend, but a mom should be MORE. And so I aspire to be.

To my husband - I am your friend...

but usually of the worst kind. The kind of friend we should be to those closest for us is often farthest from the truth. But a wife should be a BEST friend.  And so I work and aspire to be.

To my friends - I am your friend...

but sometimes time, duties, life gets in the way, and sometimes I am not the kind of friend that is available to help as I should be. But to be a good friend one must be available. And I will make an effort to be more so.

To be more than a friend to my children, a best friend to my husband, and an available friend to my friends ... these are the things I hope to be remembered for being. These are the things I want people to say about me when I am gone, because if I am these things this will be my legacy. I need to remember this more. I need to put this at the top of my to do list each day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! It's so hard to be a parent sometimes. We want to be our children's best friends but sometimes that is not what they need from us. <3 Thank you for visiting my blog!

    Also, I love your Abortion ticker on the sidebar. Maybe someday people will see the horrible atrocity that abortion really is. :(

    ReplyDelete