Thursday, April 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday - After

After, starts with before.

Before
I wished for a prince charming.
After
I have a real man whom I am proud to say is truly my Knight in Shining Armor.

Before
I knew the love my mother had for me.
After
I know I that a mothers love is all encompassing.

Before
I knew Jesus loved me because the bible told me so.
After
I know Jesus loves me because I have felt his arms holding me up at my weakest moment.

Before
I knew my heart was as big as my fist.
After
I know that the capacity of the heart, for both joy and pain, is so much bigger.

Before
I knew the world was perfect and life was good.
After
I know the world is imperfect and I choose a good life.

Before
I knew that there were some who would die in war.
After
I know that some choose to sacrifice EVERY THING including their last breath for others.

Before
Life was simple, fun, and all about me.
After
Life is complicated, fun, and all about US.

Before
I knew that the sun set, and the sun rose.
After
I know that the sun sets, and pray that the sun rises.

Before
I was a mess.
After
I am a mess. With a husband as good as they come. Children to raise with love and understanding. A God who loves me no matter what. A heart that swells with pride, breaks when others are hurting, hardens when I forget what is important and heals when I remember. A complicated yet good life. Respect (and now also pride) for those who will sacrifice every thing for others. And a person who is learning to be thankful for all the day had to offer as the sun sets, and grateful for yet another day as the next sun rises.


Five Minute Friday
Join in the fun with 5 minute Friday.


4 comments:

  1. Great contrasts of before & afters here...thanks for sharing your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the after look so different thane the before. It is some much fuller and so much more than we could have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for the after...and the ability to see all your blessings! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete