Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peace Be With You


Today's world is so hurried and busy that it is easy (at least for me) to forget that we have a guide to go by each step of the way. I have been smothered in worry and anxiety recently and I knew I had to find a way out or find myself on meds...

Here are a few things that I found that are helping me put things into perspective, I hope they can help you as well.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; in all your ways be mindful of Him and He will make straight your paths." Prov. 3:5-6 (NAB)

"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:7-8 (NAB)

"(Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."" John 20:21 (NAB)

Prayer for Peace
O Lord Jesus Christ, Who said to Your Apostles: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you," regard not my sins but the faith of Your Church, and deign to give her peace and unity according to Your Will: Who live and reign, God, world without end. Amen.

Book of John - Chapter 14
27 Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace which the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.

Book of Luke - Chapter 1
79 to give light to those who live in darkness and the shadow dark as death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Book of 2 Peter - Chapter 1
2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of our Lord.

Book of Psalms - Chapter 34
14 Turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.

Book of John - Chapter 16
33 I have told you all this so that you may find peace in me. In the world you will have hardship, but be courageous: I have conquered the world.

Notice that some of these promise peace and others tell us to SEEK or FIND peace. It is good to remember this, because far too often we expect God to GIVE without us seeking... one will not come without the other.

Peace be with you in your days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment